|Moonlight Madness revelers gathered at Cenotaph Park (2010)|
C. Davis photo
Pincher Creek's annual Moonlight Madness will occur on Friday, November 18 with some events happening on Saturday, November 19. People will be parading, caroling, shopping, grasping at feathers, and trying to find the best deals in town. Pincher Creek and District Chamber of Commerce Administrator Lieve Parisis is organizing this event, which acts as the lead in for the Christmas sales season.
Friday, November 18
- The annual Parade of Lights will begin at the Ranchland Mall parking lot at 6:30 pm. It will then travel down Hewetson Avenue, turn east on Main Street, and will conclude near the Subway restaurant.
- A Christmas Craft Market will be taking place at the Ranchland Mall from 3 pm to 8 pm.
- Kootenai Brown Pioneer Village will host Midnight Madness, a craft market that will be held from 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Parent Link on Main Street will have free face-painting for the kids between 4 pm and 6 pm, to help get them into the spirit of the parade.
- The Chamber of Commerce's Wind Fun & More: Eco-Friendly Gifts store will be holding a Grand Opening ceremony at 4 pm, in the Ranchland Mall.
- Communities in Bloom will be at Cenotaph Park, along with Santa and free hot chocolate, starting at 6 pm.
- Friends in Sync will be caroling from 6 pm, keeping the crowds entertained.
Many local businesses will be offering triple points to patrons with a "Shop Local" card. If you need a "Shop Local" card, ask at any of the participating businesses. The grand prize is $2,000 in fuel. Many local merchants will be offering special deals, draws, and spot-specials, and a number of them will be open from 7 pm to 10 pm.
The Co-op grocery store at the Ranchland Mall will be having it's annual "Drop" event after the parade, starting at 8 pm on Friday. Having utilised pingpong and beach balls in previous years, this year those that catch the "right" feathers in a wind chamber full of them will be rewarded.
Saturday, November 19
- The Chamber of Commerce Eco Store at the Ranchland Mall will welcome children from 6 to 12 years of age to participate in their craft station and scavenger hunt.
- The Fox Theatre will offer a free movie to the public at noon on Saturday.
- Wildrose Videos and Books will be handing out free popcorn.
- The Town of Pincher Creek and the Downtown Merchants Association will offer a free swim at the pool from 2 pm to 4 pm.
Visit www.pincher-creek.com for more information.